Thursday, February 7, 2013

conversations

i have really great friends.  my circle of best friends require much less filtering and i LOVE that they are so great.  i like that they can just seeeeeee my words before they come out of my mouth.

yesterday i had lunch with breigh.  we went to applebees.  it was yummy.  the waiter was so sweet, he was nice, and cordial and appropriate and asked about her twin boys and wanted to know (and remember) their names, and he checked in on us numerous times during the lunch to make sure that we had a pleasant experience.  sounds great right!?  here's how it really went:

waiter:  HI THERE!!!!!!!  WELCOME TO APPLEBEES!!!!!!  OHHHHHH what's YOUR name!?
breigh:  this is luke & this is max
waiter:  HI LUKE!!!  HI MAXXXXXXXX!!!!  Well, welcome ladies!!!  OUR soup of the day is broccoli and our dessert is brownie bites!!!!!!!!  Can I get you lovely ladies started with a drink?!  
me: water.
breigh: water would be fine

he disappears

breigh:  wow, he's really nice!
me:  what a douche.  why is he asking your kids names.  that's stupid.  he doesn't need to know their names to do his job, so that entire conversation was pointless and names him look like a pedophile.
breigh:  HOLLIE!

she's right.  i'm snarky.

today, i grabbed bagels for our hard working employees.  little shout out to bruggers for not getting snippy when i asked that they cut the bagels for us.

i was pasting cream cheese on my bagel and an employee came up to clock in.  here's how that went:

her: good morning!
me:  good morning!  help yourself to a bagel!
her: hey - did you want to try a body by vi shake?
me: ....uhh.....what's that?  (...not looking up from my cream cheese)
her: it's a shake, it's SO good.  it's a whey protein shake.  some people use to to build muscle, i use it to trim the fat, but it's so good because one can will like last you for a year!!
me:  oh.  ok. 

i walked into the office and shut the door with a look on my face that made mandy bust up laughing.

joke's on her.  that cannister would last me 5 years because i wouldn't eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment