Tuesday, July 23, 2013

9 week WW update

I can't believe it's been 9 weeks since I've been on weight watchers....i know i haven't updated much about it, just seemed like there was no reason to because ...wellll, there were funnier stories about children pooping in various places...

i know, i know - i can laugh about it now....

ok, so in total, I have lost 23 pounds and, depending on the brand, 2 pant sizes or is it considered 4...i'm not sure how to say that....here are things i've learned:

1)  i'm probably close to have to start exercising - i just hate doing that because it always makes me hungrier and i feel famished and then my head justifies that i can eat way more than i should.

2)  i dont eat the extra points.  the math doesn't work in my head.  i dont understand how that could work -- i mean, if the key is weight loss, how is it "sorta" ok to cheat?  i kinda feel like they are there to show you that you overate when you are perplexed about why you didn't lose weight - but that is JUST because anytime I go over on my points and dip into my extra points I don't lose more than half a pound....and generally, i gain. 

3)  i gain weight with my cycle.  i've managed to have 2 periods and both times I have gained.  thanks water weight. 

4)  there are definitely haters out there.  wanna hear who the biggest haters are???  my parents.  they are CONSTANTLY trying to make me feel shitty about declining a food or drink.  it's exhausting.  not only that, but when i was at like 19 pounds down, i got a snarky comment about how it's just a drop in the bucket and how its easy to lose weight when you're starving.  confuse me?! 

the funny part is that it's BECAUSE of my dad's health and mine being SO close, SO similar that i decided to do this.  make changes.  pay attention.  be a grown up and stop feeling sorry for myself and looking for a magic get skinny quick plan.  and THEY are the ones who get shisty when it comes to me doing this "diet" ... i dont seek approval or input from my family on anything...and anyone who has known me for longer than ten minutes knows why.  but seriously, why can't people just think before they speak?

either way, i'm excited that this is going so well!  thrilled actually!!  I am looking forward to continued success!!

1 comment:

  1. First off - YOU HAVE A BLOG. AND I DIDN'T KNOW.
    Second - Congrats on the 23 pounds! Keep it going lady! You are doing great!
    3- When you write, I laugh. So that's fun. :)

    ReplyDelete