Tuesday, July 16, 2013

moody

i'm a pretty literal person.  i tend to see things for face value in most situations and i appreciate my ability to be able to call bullshit when i see it or see through people when they are holding back.  it's hard to ignore.  tends to feel like a superpower sometimes. 

its probably how pretty people feel, or smart people, or rich people - <insert snarky voice here> must be SO awful to be gorgeous, or highly intelligent, or have a ton of money...

when i find that it REALLY sucks is when the LOML (love of my life - just made that up - just now) is in a mood.  i wouldn't say that he is in a "mood" more often than me, I would simply say his moods last longer than mine.  days longer.

this was the phone call i got last night:

H:  schweaty balls!!
T:   what do you want for dinner.
H:  ummmm, i dont know, i'm open for anything?  you wanna grill?
T:   everything's frozen (keep in mind he sounds like he just watched someone kick his dog to death...)
H:   okay ... well ... i'm finishing up here and i'll be home...
T:   well - so - nothing? or?  you don't want me to start anything? no suggestions?
H:  not really - but i can think about it

let me mention that it was at 4:40 at night.  he had been home since 4:15 i guess.  i say "i guess" because he no longer comes to say he's heading home for the night, which, whatever.  doesn't actually bother me as much as you're probably thinking it does based on the fact that i'm mentioning it, but is just something i'm throwing out there.

so i'm thinking that he's probably just fed up with the kids or trying to get stuff done and that's why he's on edge.  i grab the 4 newly purchased laundry baskets and fruit - lots of fruit (grapes, kiwi, strawberries, bananas and a pineapple) plus two new backpacks and head toward the house. 

i very effortlessly (ha.) position the hampers filled with backpacks and fruit against the house while i'm opening the door, halfway drop the baskets and almost dump thirty dollars worth of fruit onto the sexy blue laminate flooring that greets me as i walk into my house.

he's sitting on the chair in the front room watching me.  no, no, just sit there.  don't get up.  i'm good over here.  i went from being convinced that i could turn his night around to wanting to freak out on the next person to talk to me. 

lucky for him the next person was aaron.

there aren't a lot of people who have the ability to affect my mood.  but i'll tell you - he does.  he can make or break my day in a stupid way.  drives me nuts.

my point in my superpowers is that i'll ask him what's wrong and i get a look with a sigh followed by a nothing.  nothing.  nothing?  seriously?  i doubt it.  something has obviously flipped your switch in some way - but you'll tell me you're tired and i'll sigh and we'll get in a fight because i'll push you to tell me what's going on when in reality there is nothing going on and i'm just being a girl, which that doesn't happen very often.

so regardless, whatever the underlying reason is - because, dear friends, there is an underlying reason. - i will let it go <this time> and hope that your "tired" wears off after you slept ...but it won't because that's how we roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment