Wednesday, August 27, 2014

School Started!!!!!!

I love that my kids love school.  I'm working SO hard to keep that going as long as I can.  They think every single subject is great.  Seriously!?  the only subjects I liked is reading, writing, and anything that had to do with music.  They must be their father's children.

Went to a meet the teacher night last night and enjoyed it from a front row center point of view.  Hm.  maybe that's where I went wrong when it came to school. 

I feel informed this year.  We are getting organized.  Last year, poor 08 came home with a backpack of papers that I never got to look through because he had already destroyed them.  This year!?  That's not happening.  He uses his take home folder.  He empties his bag every night.  He brings it to me, we go over it like Wally and Beav used to with Ward and June.  Ward, what a great name. 

Another thing we do now?  We eat dinner at the table!  I know, right!?

Another thing?  Chore Charts.  Did you know that my children have no desire or incentive to do a chore chart unless their sibling is!?  Sibling rivalry is the best, despite what Cain and Abel will tell you.  Disagree if you must, but my kids haven't missed a shower, piano practice, they pick up after themselves, they hang up their crap, they do their work.  They lighten mine.  They should.  They are capable of feeding the animals, they are able to scoop a litter box, they are able to set the table, they can tidy their bedroom, they can do aspects of their own laundry.  This is a good thing. 

I am in a really good place.  I can feel it's a very distant place, but still a good one.  I'm going to bask in it for a while longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment