Friday, May 31, 2013

Week Two - Weight Watchers


Today marks the second week of my transition to the Weight Watchers lifestyle (you'd think I'd joined a swingers club...lifestyle?  who am I?  The Godfather!?).

As of today I have lost 9 pounds total and am transitioning fairly well.  I haven't had soda in over two weeks and for the most part have stuck to water, though I found that HyVee carries Huberts Lemonade and it's only 3 points for the whole giant glass container so that is my special something when I need something more than water.

One time, a doctor told me there is no room in my life for soda and she was right.  It's actually not hard for me to quit soda, but I find that I REALLLLLLLYYYYY want one when I'm:

1)  Eating Pizza
2)  At a restaurant where the pop is included with the meal.  who does this.  don't get crafty, food establishments of America.  I see your, "it's included with the price of the meal" and will raise you a, "water, with lemon, please"
3) At QuickTrip

Somewhere along the road my parents started a "lets order pizza because it's Friday night" and for whatever reason, Travis has always agreed with it and thought it was the best idea ever.  What goes great with a greasy, oil covered, loaded-with-cheese pizza?  Pepsi.  Cherry Pepsi.  Cherry Coke.   What doesn't accompany pizza well?  Water.  Lame.  Also, what can't I "afford" to have (points budget wise) when I'm eating pizza?  My Lemonade.

When I go to a restaurant and they tell me that the soda is or is basically free when I get the meal.  Listen, I realize it's free.  Listen to me when I tell you that it was hard enough to JUST order whatever I ordered and not order what I WANTED to order.  What I WANTED to order, my dear friends, would make Jillian Michaels blush.  So no.  I do not want the free pop. 

At some point and time Kum & Go and Quick Trip started their war over 32 ounce fountain sodas.  THIRTYTWO OUNCES?!!  That is TWELVE points.  Do you know what I could EAT for 12 points!?  So!  I stay out of QT or Kum & Go.

This is a budget.  This is a numbers game.  I do well with budgets and I do well with numbers.  I can figure out a way to make the square peg fit in the round hole, without compromising the integrity of the peg or the hole.  It's a numbers game.

Game-Frickin-On.

No comments:

Post a Comment